In order to further promote transparent reporting on key issues and challenges, the project has been extended over the years and supplemented with an analysis of the credibility and relevance of sustainability priorities.
For quality assurance, a high-level expert group provided feedback to every reviewed report.
The primary objective of Focused Reporting is to promote comprehensive sustainability reporting, which at the same time appears credible and places emphasis on relevant sustainability issues.
The project also aimed to achieve the following sub-targets:
- Identification of current practice and trends in sustainability reporting and transparency of Swiss companies,
- Exchange of best practice examples,
- Provision of individual recommendations to improve the reporting of the participants,
- Embedding Swiss reporting practice in an international context,
- Comparability over time and sectors.